Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:03 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote: The muscle doesn't start rebuilding itself immediately so the reparation process hasn't even started when you leave the gym. It is the protein you have over the next few days that repair the muscle to grow it bigger.


This is a good point, so you would agree that the "golden hour" which is said to be 5 hours post workout is bullshit? Personally based on how I feel nothing scientific but I feel like sleep is what kicks off the process of repair more than ingesting protein but of course the immune system needs the protein to repair.

Speaking of science a lot of the "scientific" excerise peer reviewed studies that guys like Mike Israetal cite seem dubious. Often youll look them up and the both the number of participants IE = <50 or the fact that they are either 35 untrained college students or fucking cancer patients is shit. Give us studies on 30,000 people over a longer time trame. Im sure its a matter of time and cost but still its hard to take that shit seriously

I like Israetels videos but he tailor makes his content for an audience. As with everyone else like him, when selling a business model, all parts have to be aligned both in concept and with what other content creators say. Being huge on youtube and selling the idea that post workout nutrition is not any more important than nutrition throughout the day is going against the stream. That in itself would evoke outcry from all other content creators lol.

On the other hand some elite bodybuilding coaches have debated this on youtube, the videos are not so popular though. IIRC Dave Palumbo and Milos Sarcev have debated this on Palumbos channel. Sarcev argument is that insulin pre workout makes you absorb even more nutrients in to muscle, aiding training and post workout recovery. IIRC Palumbo says there might be some science that makes this a good idea but real world results are not noticeable, and he advises a long acting insulin. Beware though, this is advanced stuff, the reason he says insulin is for bodybuilders of advanced size who are eating so much that their natural insulin production is not enough to maintain normal blood sugar levels. So this nit picking nutrition timing is not worth the effort IMO. We are not training for the Olympia.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:09 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Haha you were tempted for an 11th rep on the dls, that was a solid set.

The speed was good enough for maybe 2 reps but the grip gave out. When the vid ended I was yelling in pain lol. Hands felt rock solid, cold and numb, took a good 10 minutes for them to open up and feel warm again.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:53 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Did a solid 8x3 squat at 105kg
Went as low as I could. Reckon I'll start doing Muay Thai again once I hit 75 kg. Might take a year but fuck being a fat fuck. Should be able to run 10km in 40 minutes.



MT would be a better way to lose weight than weight lifting by far but running is king

Ive been holding pads for lil vutu and the MT spark is coming back, I better not though its a whole rabbit hole that should be avoided at 108kg

If I didn't work so much I'd do muay thai. I love muay thai. Once I sell the shop I will be doing it a few times a week. I get it that it will cause a lot of wear and tear at 100kg+ but just go a little lighter and be more technical. I was good at 70-75kg, mobile and quick but even then got injured because less muscle mass means less padding and less connective tissue keeping everything together. More muscle mass means easier to break things of course but why grind it out each training session? Better to be as technical as possible and practice the science behind each move to preserve bones, joints, brain et.c.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:55 pm

In general Thais don't go for broke every session. Can't fight every other week if you do. Hell, they rarely go all out in fights. That shit is for goyim.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:46 am

I had a great squat session today, another PB. Its funny how my squat fortunes and bench fortunes have now reversed lol Im feeling some tenderness in the patella tendons but no worse than last time, meaning there seems to be no compounding inflammation. Im really happy about that.

I came across something today where I was looking up early powerlifting championships that I thought you guys might find cool. One of the first big international comps was "Mr. Muscles" and in 1968 the contest was won by Arnold Schwarzenegger. What really surprised me though was that his winning lifts were nothing too crazy by todays standards. He deadlifted 550 lbs, squatted 375, and benched 365. So Anastasios' squats are above world champion calibre for 1968, only 50 years ago. Also steroids were already popular in 1957, so this was even after 11 years of people using PEDs. In fact all those lifts are really obtainable for anyone who is willing to dedicate years to it. So dare to be great, and you WILL awaken the world champion within you.
Image

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:59 am

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote: The muscle doesn't start rebuilding itself immediately so the reparation process hasn't even started when you leave the gym. It is the protein you have over the next few days that repair the muscle to grow it bigger.


This is a good point, so you would agree that the "golden hour" which is said to be 5 hours post workout is bullshit? Personally based on how I feel nothing scientific but I feel like sleep is what kicks off the process of repair more than ingesting protein but of course the immune system needs the protein to repair.

Speaking of science a lot of the "scientific" excerise peer reviewed studies that guys like Mike Israetal cite seem dubious. Often youll look them up and the both the number of participants IE = <50 or the fact that they are either 35 untrained college students or fucking cancer patients is shit. Give us studies on 30,000 people over a longer time trame. Im sure its a matter of time and cost but still its hard to take that shit seriously

I like Israetels videos but he tailor makes his content for an audience. As with everyone else like him, when selling a business model, all parts have to be aligned both in concept and with what other content creators say. Being huge on youtube and selling the idea that post workout nutrition is not any more important than nutrition throughout the day is going against the stream. That in itself would evoke outcry from all other content creators lol.

On the other hand some elite bodybuilding coaches have debated this on youtube, the videos are not so popular though. IIRC Dave Palumbo and Milos Sarcev have debated this on Palumbos channel. Sarcev argument is that insulin pre workout makes you absorb even more nutrients in to muscle, aiding training and post workout recovery. IIRC Palumbo says there might be some science that makes this a good idea but real world results are not noticeable, and he advises a long acting insulin. Beware though, this is advanced stuff, the reason he says insulin is for bodybuilders of advanced size who are eating so much that their natural insulin production is not enough to maintain normal blood sugar levels. So this nit picking nutrition timing is not worth the effort IMO. We are not training for the Olympia.



Big day today and a big legal victory today so let me reply to this later not that I have anything in opposition but just a little more to add to what youve already proposed which is plainly obviously to anyone who has trained for more than say 3 years

Fuck I sound like a gay cunt now haha maybe I shouldnt speak with Swedes so much

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:07 pm

Luigi wrote:I had a great squat session today, another PB. Its funny how my squat fortunes and bench fortunes have now reversed lol Im feeling some tenderness in the patella tendons but no worse than last time, meaning there seems to be no compounding inflammation. Im really happy about that.

I came across something today where I was looking up early powerlifting championships that I thought you guys might find cool. One of the first big international comps was "Mr. Muscles" and in 1968 the contest was won by Arnold Schwarzenegger. What really surprised me though was that his winning lifts were nothing too crazy by todays standards. He deadlifted 550 lbs, squatted 375, and benched 365. So Anastasios' squats are above world champion calibre for 1968, only 50 years ago. Also steroids were already popular in 1957, so this was even after 11 years of people using PEDs. In fact all those lifts are really obtainable for anyone who is willing to dedicate years to it. So dare to be great, and you WILL awaken the world champion within you.


Many can become extremely strong, it just requires a very long time and consistent suffering. I see it as there are different types. I don't really believe there are non responders but rather they don't know how to suffer and lack aggression. But there are some types that respond extremely and you have sudden 21-23 year old world record breakers, but after that they don't make much progress. Then there is my type who has some initial good response then a very slow but steady response to hard training that goes on for decades. For my part things went downhill in my mid 20s and I found my test levels to be that of a 85-100 year old male and have since been enhanced chemically.

The powerlifter with the greatest DOTS is Kristy Hawkins and is 43 years old, and has probably been lifting for 30 years. Best male is John Haack and has been lifting close to 2 decades and has been competing at a high level for a decade. People get illusioned by these tiktok and instagram famous-for-a-week names that are teenagers and lift 700-800lb squats and deadlifts, and even though there are so many of them and new keep popping up weekly for years, there are very few records broken and when you look at openpowerlifting, it's rare to see a new name. Often the same names stay there for years and years. It goes to show that consistent work beats extreme talent.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:33 am

Vutulaki wrote:Luigi where do you live? no probs if you dont want to disclose that info but just curious

I didnt do my leg day today, life got in the way for good reasons but tomorrow ill have the gym to myself to blast these things

Anastasios school me on muscle protein synthesis, how long post workout is it happening and also how much do we have to differentiate between MPS and elevated MPS?

Sorry just seeing this now. I live in Ontario.
Image

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:39 am

Did a bench session today, didnt go great but not terrible either. The bicep tendon is 90% healed and not getting any worse, yet also seems to stubbornly linger on. Since my progress has halted for now I decided to change things up a bit and increase the volume. I matched the volume of the Wednesdays from the Smolov, which is the day which works with 5 reps per set. Its a lot because the weight Im working with now is more than 10% higher than then. Hopefully it yields some good results without messing with the tendons.
Image

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:41 am

Luigi wrote:Did a bench session today, didnt go great but not terrible either. The bicep tendon is 90% healed and not getting any worse, yet also seems to stubbornly linger on. Since my progress has halted for now I decided to change things up a bit and increase the volume. I matched the volume of the Wednesdays from the Smolov, which is the day which works with 5 reps per set. Its a lot because the weight Im working with now is more than 10% higher than then. Hopefully it yields some good results without messing with the tendons.



Did you deload after smolov?


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests