Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Luigi » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 am

Did a bench session 2kg higher than last time, part of me wanted to do sets of 6 but I thought better to play it safe and do sets of 5. I start with 5, it felt easy so next time I did 6. The next set after 5 I was worried about burning myself out too soon so stopped at 5. After that I was feeling confident again, went back up to 6. The cycle repeated again, so my sets ended up looking like 5,6,5,6,5,6. In a way its kinda perfect, because a set of 5 is legit taxing but at the same time lets you recover that little bit more and hit 6. I think I will experiment with a setup like this in my workouts going forward. It ends up looking similar to the Mondays of a Smolov program that calls for 6 sets of 6, but here the alternating lets you work at a higher weight.

Very happy to say my bicep barely hurt at all today. The pain that was there is also not localized like it was before, its now a dull ache across the whole bicep. The delts also hurting less though Im a bit concerned because now both sides hurt equally, and curiously enough they seem to hurt the same amount on my drop sets as they do on my top sets.
Image

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:34 am

Nice work Luigi very motivating

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:17 am

Got myself some kitchen scales, 9.99AUD aldi ones, what can I say the jew in my couldnt resist lol

So this should be a game changer

163g pan fried chicken thigh fillets
172g boiled potato

plus 2 scoops of ON chocolate flavour proetin PWO

Puts my protein at 94g within 2 hours of lifting

Not sure about carbs/calories so help me out here whats the easy math?

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:07 am

I keep losing weight. Down to 86.5 kg from 104kg in June. Just managed to do 5x5 solid pullups. Couldn't do a single one at 104kg.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:07 am

Switching from beer to hard alcohol...

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:20 am

5kg per month? man thats great if switching from beer to hard liqour would do that for me id start drinking again lol

I never lost shit in weight from not drinking, im the opposite of a hard gainer, scientfically known as a fat cunt

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:38 am

As am I. Lightest I've ever been was 68kg when I only ate every other day. Lightest I've been while in shape is 72kg after cutting weight. Still heavy at 175cm.
I only drink about 15cl per day now. Haven't been properly drunk in over 3 years. Time to lay off that lifestyle.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:33 pm

Health benefits aside that shit gets boring, life is more fun sober. I used to love watching docos and stuff while plastered then started watching them sober and now I dont end up watching the same one fifteen times.

Only thing I cant handle sober is being around drunks, it's like dealing with mental retards, worst is when they tell you the same fucking story six times in a row cause they cant remember what they said three mins ago lol

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:22 am

It's shit. As is ganja imo. Makes you dumb as fuck. Never thought I'd say it.

Tactless1
Posts: 1917
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:30 pm
Reputation: 181

Postby Tactless1 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:55 am



Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests