Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?
Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?
Yesterday I had my first legit failed bench session in like a month. Im trying to come up with an excuse, the best Ive got is a bad sleep 2 night before, and a very salty chicken burger which made me a bit lethargic. More realistically though it was just bound to happen eventually. Also I miscounted the pause reps on my first set and I was mentally a bit thrown off after that. Oh well, its part of the process. Ever onward.

Luigi wrote:Yesterday I had my first legit failed bench session in like a month. Im trying to come up with an excuse, the best Ive got is a bad sleep 2 night before, and a very salty chicken burger which made me a bit lethargic. More realistically though it was just bound to happen eventually. Also I miscounted the pause reps on my first set and I was mentally a bit thrown off after that. Oh well, its part of the process. Ever onward.
Dont sweat it, I got mentally thrown by a bunch of arab HS kids fucking around too close to the bench while I was benching the other day
It happens, arab kids, salty chikcen burgers whatever
Luigi where do you live? no probs if you dont want to disclose that info but just curious
I didnt do my leg day today, life got in the way for good reasons but tomorrow ill have the gym to myself to blast these things
Anastasios school me on muscle protein synthesis, how long post workout is it happening and also how much do we have to differentiate between MPS and elevated MPS?
I didnt do my leg day today, life got in the way for good reasons but tomorrow ill have the gym to myself to blast these things
Anastasios school me on muscle protein synthesis, how long post workout is it happening and also how much do we have to differentiate between MPS and elevated MPS?
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
Vutulaki wrote:Luigi where do you live? no probs if you dont want to disclose that info but just curious
I didnt do my leg day today, life got in the way for good reasons but tomorrow ill have the gym to myself to blast these things
Anastasios school me on muscle protein synthesis, how long post workout is it happening and also how much do we have to differentiate between MPS and elevated MPS?
I never care about particular times. Protein synthesis is a few grams per hour so the timeframe for a 50g protein meals is 10 hours if its eggs and 5 hours if its whey in water, IIRC. Whey in water being the fastest at 10g per hour. So evenly spaced out meals throughout the day so the protein synthesis of each meal overlaps with other meals is optimal. The muscle doesn't start rebuilding itself immediately so the reparation process hasn't even started when you leave the gym. It is the protein you have over the next few days that repair the muscle to grow it bigger.
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
Have been sick but still managed to get to the gym. Not sure which posts I have missed but I believe I missed posting since Tuesday, and my log book is in my car but will try to remember
Tuesday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Pullups x 6+10negative, 6+10negative, 8+10negative
Dips x 20,20,20 short rest in between
concentration curls 11x30? then two rest pause sets, cant remember reps
Thursday
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
DB split squat 31kg dbs x 10
Leg press calf raise 100 x 30 RP 16 RP 16
Barely survived this day with 1g paracetamol and 1g ibuprofen 4 times a day
Friday
Bench press 150kg x 4
Realized here that the reason I am failing these bench sessions is because I am trying to pause just when the bar grazes my chest, so it is a pause. My technique is better and elbow angle is obviously corrected this way, but the pause is making it too hard, I have not trained this element so I will do more paused bench to improve strength in that position
Paused bench press 100x reps, 120x reps, 140x a couple reps cant remember lol
Monday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Deadlifts 215kg x 10, that's 10kg more and same reps as last. Hands cramped, was screaming after the video stopped.
This went great. Technique on squats and deads is where I need it to be, unlike bench, and muscle memory is giving me free gains, 10kg per session so far!
Tuesday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Pullups x 6+10negative, 6+10negative, 8+10negative
Dips x 20,20,20 short rest in between
concentration curls 11x30? then two rest pause sets, cant remember reps
Thursday
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
DB split squat 31kg dbs x 10
Leg press calf raise 100 x 30 RP 16 RP 16
Barely survived this day with 1g paracetamol and 1g ibuprofen 4 times a day
Friday
Bench press 150kg x 4
Realized here that the reason I am failing these bench sessions is because I am trying to pause just when the bar grazes my chest, so it is a pause. My technique is better and elbow angle is obviously corrected this way, but the pause is making it too hard, I have not trained this element so I will do more paused bench to improve strength in that position
Paused bench press 100x reps, 120x reps, 140x a couple reps cant remember lol
Monday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Deadlifts 215kg x 10, that's 10kg more and same reps as last. Hands cramped, was screaming after the video stopped.
This went great. Technique on squats and deads is where I need it to be, unlike bench, and muscle memory is giving me free gains, 10kg per session so far!
Anastasios wrote: The muscle doesn't start rebuilding itself immediately so the reparation process hasn't even started when you leave the gym. It is the protein you have over the next few days that repair the muscle to grow it bigger.
This is a good point, so you would agree that the "golden hour" which is said to be 5 hours post workout is bullshit? Personally based on how I feel nothing scientific but I feel like sleep is what kicks off the process of repair more than ingesting protein but of course the immune system needs the protein to repair.
Speaking of science a lot of the "scientific" excerise peer reviewed studies that guys like Mike Israetal cite seem dubious. Often youll look them up and the both the number of participants IE = <50 or the fact that they are either 35 untrained college students or fucking cancer patients is shit. Give us studies on 30,000 people over a longer time trame. Im sure its a matter of time and cost but still its hard to take that shit seriously
Anastasios wrote:Have been sick but still managed to get to the gym. Not sure which posts I have missed but I believe I missed posting since Tuesday, and my log book is in my car but will try to remember
Tuesday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Pullups x 6+10negative, 6+10negative, 8+10negative
Dips x 20,20,20 short rest in between
concentration curls 11x30? then two rest pause sets, cant remember reps
Thursday
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
DB split squat 31kg dbs x 10
Leg press calf raise 100 x 30 RP 16 RP 16
Barely survived this day with 1g paracetamol and 1g ibuprofen 4 times a day
Friday
Bench press 150kg x 4
Realized here that the reason I am failing these bench sessions is because I am trying to pause just when the bar grazes my chest, so it is a pause. My technique is better and elbow angle is obviously corrected this way, but the pause is making it too hard, I have not trained this element so I will do more paused bench to improve strength in that position
Paused bench press 100x reps, 120x reps, 140x a couple reps cant remember lol
Monday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Deadlifts 215kg x 10, that's 10kg more and same reps as last. Hands cramped, was screaming after the video stopped.
This went great. Technique on squats and deads is where I need it to be, unlike bench, and muscle memory is giving me free gains, 10kg per session so far!
Haha you were tempted for an 11th rep on the dls, that was a solid set.
Did a solid 8x3 squat at 105kg
Went as low as I could. Reckon I'll start doing Muay Thai again once I hit 75 kg. Might take a year but fuck being a fat fuck. Should be able to run 10km in 40 minutes.
Went as low as I could. Reckon I'll start doing Muay Thai again once I hit 75 kg. Might take a year but fuck being a fat fuck. Should be able to run 10km in 40 minutes.
Vutulaki wrote:Anastasios wrote:Have been sick but still managed to get to the gym. Not sure which posts I have missed but I believe I missed posting since Tuesday, and my log book is in my car but will try to remember
Tuesday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Pullups x 6+10negative, 6+10negative, 8+10negative
Dips x 20,20,20 short rest in between
concentration curls 11x30? then two rest pause sets, cant remember reps
Thursday
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
DB split squat 31kg dbs x 10
Leg press calf raise 100 x 30 RP 16 RP 16
Barely survived this day with 1g paracetamol and 1g ibuprofen 4 times a day
Friday
Bench press 150kg x 4
Realized here that the reason I am failing these bench sessions is because I am trying to pause just when the bar grazes my chest, so it is a pause. My technique is better and elbow angle is obviously corrected this way, but the pause is making it too hard, I have not trained this element so I will do more paused bench to improve strength in that position
Paused bench press 100x reps, 120x reps, 140x a couple reps cant remember lol
Monday nights session
Yellow band side kicks x 30,30,30
Deadlifts 215kg x 10, that's 10kg more and same reps as last. Hands cramped, was screaming after the video stopped.
This went great. Technique on squats and deads is where I need it to be, unlike bench, and muscle memory is giving me free gains, 10kg per session so far!
Haha you were tempted for an 11th rep on the dls, that was a solid set.
That's how you lift a piano!
Som-Pong wrote:Did a solid 8x3 squat at 105kg
Went as low as I could. Reckon I'll start doing Muay Thai again once I hit 75 kg. Might take a year but fuck being a fat fuck. Should be able to run 10km in 40 minutes.
MT would be a better way to lose weight than weight lifting by far but running is king
Ive been holding pads for lil vutu and the MT spark is coming back, I better not though its a whole rabbit hole that should be avoided at 108kg
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests