Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:23 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Hehehe I am close to 95kg at night. Have woken up and weighed in at 93kg after peeing, this is insane. My gut is huge. Everyone in the gym is shocked that I have so much veins on my arms yet have this big beer belly.



is the gut from the GH? you eat so clean

BTW my gut is bigger than yours lol

Unfortunately no GH for me, that will come after I sell my bitcoin. I have developed some bad eating habits since circa 2022 with bad food choices and over time this gut just got bigger lol.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:32 am

Bench training went complete crap. Just unracking the bar I felt pain pretty much everywhere, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, back. And fatigue. It's always like this, I'll never get consecutive great form. Anyway did some volume with paused bench press. Two sets 2 reps at 120kg and 2x10 at 100kg.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:32 am

This is such an up and down hobby, least when you expect it IE hungover poor sleep motivation etc you hit PRs sometimes then you do every fucking then right, amped up as fuck and you just fall apart unracking the bar haha its such a cunt of a thing to deal with

Such is life I guess

Gonna have 1 cup of cooked rice with my honey soy wings now thats 45g of carbs should have had it pre workout instead of training on pre workout only in the AM

Good luck to you all for the training week ahead gents

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:48 pm

Vutulaki wrote:This is such an up and down hobby, least when you expect it IE hungover poor sleep motivation etc you hit PRs sometimes then you do every fucking then right, amped up as fuck and you just fall apart unracking the bar haha its such a cunt of a thing to deal with

Such is life I guess

Gonna have 1 cup of cooked rice with my honey soy wings now thats 45g of carbs should have had it pre workout instead of training on pre workout only in the AM

Good luck to you all for the training week ahead gents

Good luck to you too.

How about you log your nutrition data in the thread?

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:10 pm

Haven't been to the gym since Thursday. Hopefully I'll be up for it tomorrow. At least I haven't had to cancel work.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:18 am

Anastasios wrote:
How about you log your nutrition data in the thread?


The only way that will work is if I get my meal prep game up to speed which is near impossible without a commerical kitchen.

Ive got a digital scale and containers now which is a start but trying to cook 5kg of chicken in one batch in a residential setting coupled with my laziness and poor forward planning skills is going to be tough

I guess I can devote 2 hours every Sunday to prepping 28 meals.

Whats the street maths here?

Say I need 200g+ of protein

200/4 - 50g per meal with one at least coming from a shake which is nearly exactly 50g with two scoops

So I need 3 meals a day prepped at 50g per day

Say I eat chicken only at 31g of protein per 100g of cooked chicken right?

Whats that? 161g of cooked chicken per meal x 3 meals x 7 days is 3.387KG call it 3.5kg of cooked chicken

Oh fuck now I have to work out the calories and shit

This is a fucking nightmare

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:20 am

I really need to cook all my meals and carry them with me like Kai green does otherwise I have way too many options in the CBD area I work in and no discpline when it comes to food plus they constantly bring us bring us pastries and cakes and shit in meetings its fucked

I ate a whole far full of cookies this afternoon out of sheer boredom at work, im not even exagerating I ate the lot in about 3 hours. My desk is the second closest to the fully stocked kitchen, if I had real food I might be able to resist

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:45 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
How about you log your nutrition data in the thread?


The only way that will work is if I get my meal prep game up to speed which is near impossible without a commerical kitchen.

Ive got a digital scale and containers now which is a start but trying to cook 5kg of chicken in one batch in a residential setting coupled with my laziness and poor forward planning skills is going to be tough

I guess I can devote 2 hours every Sunday to prepping 28 meals.

Whats the street maths here?

Say I need 200g+ of protein

200/4 - 50g per meal with one at least coming from a shake which is nearly exactly 50g with two scoops

So I need 3 meals a day prepped at 50g per day

Say I eat chicken only at 31g of protein per 100g of cooked chicken right?

Whats that? 161g of cooked chicken per meal x 3 meals x 7 days is 3.387KG call it 3.5kg of cooked chicken

Oh fuck now I have to work out the calories and shit

This is a fucking nightmare

Don't count the calories. Save that for later. One milestone at a time.

Make it simple first and achieve 20 prepped meals per week.

Recipe #1 Garlic chicken
~1kg chicken breast
1tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp sugar
some white pepper (half teaspoon)
1 garlic clove

Garlic on the pan first, then chopped up chicken. When the chicken is cooked, add the sauces, stir for less than 5 minutes and make sure chicken is cooked thorough.

Recipe #2 Chicken pineapple cashew
~1kg chicken breast
250g cashew nuts
1 whole red paprika
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp sugar
1.5tbsp ketchup

Roast the cashew on the pan until its dark. Do this or else the cashew gets too mushy. Cook chicken and paprika on pan until its done, then add all sauces and cashew nuts, stir for max 5 minutes and make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Recipe #3 Tonkatsu chicken
~1kg chicken
5 eggs
Breadcrumbs (I use Panko)
"Butterfly" the chicken breast so you have a thin and wide breast. Dip in whisked eggs and then dip in breadcrumbs and fry. Goes well with Tonkatsu sauce or other sauces as well

Recipe #4 Chicken tortilla wraps
Just fry the chicken breasts and slice it up. I prefer Santa Maria corn/wheat tortillas. I just spread sriracha mayo on it except the edge, one slice of cheese and wrap it and freeze it. I then heat it in the air frier in the morning and eat my breakfast in the car.

Make use of your free labor, your kids. If they protest, remind them that they are black.

Carbs: Jasmine rice is the easiest choice here and you can adjust accordingly with your weight progress. If you start at 50g uncooked rice per meal you will be losing weight pretty damn sure, that's just 40g carbs.

Pan: Buy a proper pan to do a proper job. Be out on the look for a cast iron pan. I spent a lot, $100 on a Le Creuset when it went on a crazy sale, normally they go for $200. You can do the same job with a cheaper cast iron pan but it will need some seasoning. Cheap grocery store pans just suck, the food gets stuck on them, they get scratched too easily and the temperature swings too much when you put food on it. Cast iron takes a couple minutes to get a good temp but it holds well and makes cooking easy, especially since it also doesn't stick and is childishly easy to clean. Cast iron pans also add easily absorbable iron to your food.

First things first, dial in getting the meals cooked and the meals eaten. Then I'll count the calories for you. Just post up pictures so I can see the portions and everything.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:43 am

Fucking crap squat session bears the worst possible news. The gluteal tendinopathy is flaring up. It seems this PRP+hyaluronic acid treatment only helped heal a little bit but not more. I was originally planning to go for shockwave treatment but the guy I was seeing said PRP should work just as well without the severe pain of shockwave. Worst case scenario I would need two treatments. However one treatment in and when the analgesic effects have worn off I see that I am barely better from where I started, which is a colossal waste of time, and warrants no reason to try a second treatment. I am going to try shockwave and later tell that previous physio. I have a feeling that while he is a good guy, he does not have the business smarts to understand what he did. He pushed for a treatment he could offer over another treatment he couldn't offer. He argued it makes no sense that the other one would work better as they both do the same thing, heal tissue. It's convincing and I took the risk but now I am sitting here 12th week post treatment with barely any progress to show for it. It is up to him to choose to make up for this or to claim like any Joe Schmoe results aren't guaranteed and he's happy to keep his money.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:08 pm

Sunday night I had a successful bench session. Part of the success is probably because I slightly increased the volume on my last session, part of it is because I was really focused on winning, really focused on efficiency, and got my nervous system hyped to the max before each lift. Actually by the 3rd set I could feel fatigue setting into my nervous system, the hype wouldnt get quite as intense, but I got the set and then the hard part was already over. Next session I will be increase the reps to 6 per set.

I should be doing squats tonight, but I have a packed schedule today and by the time I get home it will be at least 9pm so squats will probably have to be delayed to tomorrow.
Image


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests