Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:58 pm

I agree to both video and Vutu remarks. Deadlifting with max leverages and talent can make some people lift big numbers with little mass and bodyweight. Beware though there are some sick benchers at lower weight classes too but they are also ultra technical and low ROM, sometimes their freaking ROM is so l short it looks like 1 inch lol.

I used to do deficit deadlifts at higher reps as a second exercise after deadlifts and will do them again once my glute injury is gone. Longer ROM and bodybuilding style reps is great for mass.

By the way I never got results from doing shrugs for traps. All my trap mass came from deadlifting and maybe a little from dumbbell laterals.

User avatar
Professor Diet Butcher
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am
Reputation: 2207

Postby Professor Diet Butcher » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:45 pm

Som-Pong wrote:What do you guys think of this?
https://youtu.be/meBN9bMbN4Y?si=wMAAjRSa69POPFu9

Back day today. Usually looks like this
Deadlifts
Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls

Today I think I'll go
Rows
Pulldowns
Deadlifts
Curls
Curls



I quite like Vutu's Homo Bro Split.

There's a vest day (chest and back), sleeves day (shoulders and arms), and leg day (I'll throw in some abs on leg day). So there will never be a time where you will feel lop-sided, or uneven. For example, if I'm doing Push Pull Legs, I'll do chest/shoulders/tri one day, but then if life throws a curveball and I can't get to the gym for a few days, or god forbid, a week, I'd feel unbalanced... like fuck.. I need to work my back and bis ASAP!

Deadlift is probably not that effective for size, but for explosiveness in wrestling/grappling involving the core, the deadlift is King!

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:29 pm

Vutulaki wrote:It is time to unveil my homo-bro split haha

Ive been doing the big 4 + accessories for too long, years now and just need a break

Its a 3 to 5 day split depending on recovery and work commitments

D1 Chest/Back
Bench
Dips
Incline DB press
Flys
bent over rows
Chin ups
Seated cable pulls

Did the above today after work and it was refreshing getting in and out quick plus just different

D2 Shoulders/ Arms yes arms cause look like you lift and shit
Seated DB OHP
Pec dec backwards thing
lat raises
Hanging high pulls

Concentration curls
BB curl
Some type of OH tri extension
Tri push downs

D3 Legs
Squat
RDLS
Leg press
Leg curls
Leg extension

I want to try proper HIT Yates style, obviously I dont care enough to be screaming and farting blood in the gym but Ill push it after ive done a cycle/worked out the logistics

Ill then take a day or two rest and then repeat days 1 and 2 I think thats enough legs for a weekish cycle

If I dont have time or not recovered ill just take 3 days off then repeat all 3 days no longer paying any mind to using the roman catholic week to structure my split cause my work week doesnt always work out that way

Everything 3 sets, first warm up, second work to about 3 RIR then 3rd grind into failure

Any glaring holes in my approach? any suggestions from anyone besides PenVX would be appreciated

Here are my thoughts, you can maintain or increase Squat and bench on that split, OHP will suffer due to not doing any standing OHP but who cares and deadlifts will suffer greatly but I can DL 200KG without a warm up for the next 5-10 years without training it so I dont really care. I mainly care about aesthetics until the southern hemisphere summer is over and also about my bench and squat at least slowly improving say 2.5kg per month for the next 4 months


Since DB endorsed it I might give it a go. How's it treating you?

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:32 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:What do you guys think of this?
https://youtu.be/meBN9bMbN4Y?si=wMAAjRSa69POPFu9

Back day today. Usually looks like this
Deadlifts
Rows
Lat Pulldowns
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls

Today I think I'll go
Rows
Pulldowns
Deadlifts
Curls
Curls



I quite like Vutu's Homo Bro Split.

There's a vest day (chest and back), sleeves day (shoulders and arms), and leg day (I'll throw in some abs on leg day). So there will never be a time where you will feel lop-sided, or uneven. For example, if I'm doing Push Pull Legs, I'll do chest/shoulders/tri one day, but then if life throws a curveball and I can't get to the gym for a few days, or god forbid, a week, I'd feel unbalanced... like fuck.. I need to work my back and bis ASAP!

Deadlift is probably not that effective for size, but for explosiveness in wrestling/grappling involving the core, the deadlift is King!


Did deadlifts yesterday and feeling the pump in traps, back and lats. I equate that feeling to growth. I'm quite retarded though, so there's that.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:40 am

Luigi have you tried doing something like Lock 3 rehab/prehab? Your recurring bicep pain sounds familiar to some kind of impingement and relative weakness of the muscles that pull vs push, especially the smaller muscles.


User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:42 am

Som-Pong wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:It is time to unveil my homo-bro split haha

Ive been doing the big 4 + accessories for too long, years now and just need a break

Its a 3 to 5 day split depending on recovery and work commitments

D1 Chest/Back
Bench
Dips
Incline DB press
Flys
bent over rows
Chin ups
Seated cable pulls

Did the above today after work and it was refreshing getting in and out quick plus just different

D2 Shoulders/ Arms yes arms cause look like you lift and shit
Seated DB OHP
Pec dec backwards thing
lat raises
Hanging high pulls

Concentration curls
BB curl
Some type of OH tri extension
Tri push downs

D3 Legs
Squat
RDLS
Leg press
Leg curls
Leg extension

I want to try proper HIT Yates style, obviously I dont care enough to be screaming and farting blood in the gym but Ill push it after ive done a cycle/worked out the logistics

Ill then take a day or two rest and then repeat days 1 and 2 I think thats enough legs for a weekish cycle

If I dont have time or not recovered ill just take 3 days off then repeat all 3 days no longer paying any mind to using the roman catholic week to structure my split cause my work week doesnt always work out that way

Everything 3 sets, first warm up, second work to about 3 RIR then 3rd grind into failure

Any glaring holes in my approach? any suggestions from anyone besides PenVX would be appreciated

Here are my thoughts, you can maintain or increase Squat and bench on that split, OHP will suffer due to not doing any standing OHP but who cares and deadlifts will suffer greatly but I can DL 200KG without a warm up for the next 5-10 years without training it so I dont really care. I mainly care about aesthetics until the southern hemisphere summer is over and also about my bench and squat at least slowly improving say 2.5kg per month for the next 4 months


Since DB endorsed it I might give it a go. How's it treating you?


An even better enndorsement may be that Ive given up on it, I just cant handle squats and DLs on the same day. JJust leaves me feeling cooked and not in a rewarding way I mean I feel like im getting a combination of the flu and aids post workout after squats/DLs

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:41 am

I should probably just stick with what I'm doing. Haven't been getting this many compliments since I hung around whores.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:45 am

Im glad the Silom nightlife is to your liking

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:07 am

Financial district.

User avatar
Professor Diet Butcher
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am
Reputation: 2207

Postby Professor Diet Butcher » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:46 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:It is time to unveil my homo-bro split haha

Ive been doing the big 4 + accessories for too long, years now and just need a break

Its a 3 to 5 day split depending on recovery and work commitments

D1 Chest/Back
Bench
Dips
Incline DB press
Flys
bent over rows
Chin ups
Seated cable pulls

Did the above today after work and it was refreshing getting in and out quick plus just different

D2 Shoulders/ Arms yes arms cause look like you lift and shit
Seated DB OHP
Pec dec backwards thing
lat raises
Hanging high pulls

Concentration curls
BB curl
Some type of OH tri extension
Tri push downs

D3 Legs
Squat
RDLS
Leg press
Leg curls
Leg extension

I want to try proper HIT Yates style, obviously I dont care enough to be screaming and farting blood in the gym but Ill push it after ive done a cycle/worked out the logistics

Ill then take a day or two rest and then repeat days 1 and 2 I think thats enough legs for a weekish cycle

If I dont have time or not recovered ill just take 3 days off then repeat all 3 days no longer paying any mind to using the roman catholic week to structure my split cause my work week doesnt always work out that way

Everything 3 sets, first warm up, second work to about 3 RIR then 3rd grind into failure

Any glaring holes in my approach? any suggestions from anyone besides PenVX would be appreciated

Here are my thoughts, you can maintain or increase Squat and bench on that split, OHP will suffer due to not doing any standing OHP but who cares and deadlifts will suffer greatly but I can DL 200KG without a warm up for the next 5-10 years without training it so I dont really care. I mainly care about aesthetics until the southern hemisphere summer is over and also about my bench and squat at least slowly improving say 2.5kg per month for the next 4 months


Since DB endorsed it I might give it a go. How's it treating you?


An even better enndorsement may be that Ive given up on it, I just cant handle squats and DLs on the same day. JJust leaves me feeling cooked and not in a rewarding way I mean I feel like im getting a combination of the flu and aids post workout after squats/DLs


So just alternate between squats and DLs. Do squats on 1 leg day. DLs on the next. Rinse and repeat. Or throw DLs in on back day.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests