Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
dass
Posts: 1751
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:42 pm
Reputation: 77

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby dass » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:26 pm

This is a good thread and I look forward to give valuable tips on faygot exercises and training to improve your physique and well-being???!!!

dass
Posts: 1751
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:42 pm
Reputation: 77

Postby dass » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:51 am

Here's how we summon our chi the faYgot way to clear our guts???!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R76dk4gPi ... bmcgcWk%3D

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:06 am

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
An even better enndorsement may be that Ive given up on it, I just cant handle squats and DLs on the same day. JJust leaves me feeling cooked and not in a rewarding way I mean I feel like im getting a combination of the flu and aids post workout after squats/DLs

I do squats and deads on alternating weeks. I can't recover if I go to failure and try to do them both in the same week.


so you squat and deadlift once a fortnight?

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:45 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
An even better enndorsement may be that Ive given up on it, I just cant handle squats and DLs on the same day. JJust leaves me feeling cooked and not in a rewarding way I mean I feel like im getting a combination of the flu and aids post workout after squats/DLs

I do squats and deads on alternating weeks. I can't recover if I go to failure and try to do them both in the same week.


so you squat and deadlift once a fortnight?

yep

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:30 pm

by the way Som Pong I found the shoes with sheer luck. I went through Sabos retail list yet again and this italian store had them in my size. I swear I went through that retail list 10 times and the only ones who had any left in stock had in tiny sizes.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:21 am

Anastasios wrote:by the way Som Pong I found the shoes with sheer luck. I went through Sabos retail list yet again and this italian store had them in my size. I swear I went through that retail list 10 times and the only ones who had any left in stock had in tiny sizes.


Great! I'll tell my friend not to proceed with the buy.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:17 am

Walked away from a pub fight today, wouuld be older touugh guy giving me the stink eye.

Reminded him that after 230 years of history in this country and ancestors who got free land hes working a manual labor job and drinking four X

Confused the shit out of him and left.

Feels good

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:21 pm

This week I had some time off work, the perfect time to stick to my routine. Well that kinda didnt happen. Instead of doing curls sometime between bench sessions I just forgot to do them. By the time I realized it was too close to my next session so I didnt want to do them and go into a bench session with sore biceps from the start. So I just skipped curl day. The session should have been tomorrow, but I noticed something interesting. My biceps didnt hurt at all. I could move them around flex them and everything and zero hint at discomfort. So I considered doing things a day early, and it worked out because having the day off I could eat a ton of food and not worry about hitting work targets.

Last session I got to the point where I could do 5 sets of 2 at 92% of my 1rm, so it was time to increase the weight. I assumed 5 lbs, but I checked Hepburns bench program to make sure. The acticle that talks about it actually doesnt specify any increment to increase the weight, but googling around I found his more well know programs, named program A and program B, which designate a 10 lb increase. So Im thinking, okay fine, Im still confident Ill be fine. Then when I start my warm up I realize I dont have the right plates to do a 5 or 10 lbs increase, at this point the minimum increase I can do is 15 lbs. So be it, this is what fate decided for me. So Im now doing 5 sets at only 10 lbs below my 1rm. I get them all, and the 5x5 goes well too. Bicep discomfort is there but not that bad. A big win I am very happy about.

Now that I know about program A and program B I also want to do those, so my plan is to do 2 more sessions of the current program, then briefly try each for a few sessions.

https://myosynthesis.com/doug-hepburn-r ... t%20single.
Image

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:35 pm

Fuckin hell typed out a post and accidently closed the tab.

I haven't kept the log here the past week or so but nothing interesting happened anyway. I will start logging properly now.

Last night
Side kick with red band x 30,30,30
Deadlifts 155x10
Single leg kettlebell deadlift set of 12 up to 24kg

Glute injury tingled mid set but adjusted technique -- I was focusing too much on pressing with left leg and strained the medius/minimus too much -- adjusted and the feeling went away.

Shoulder feeling better, the pain in the teres minor muscle is gone, but I have some inflammation in the joint that's been there for over 6 months, it has improved a bit.

Have been researching hyaluronic acid. My girlfriend is a nurse and may be able to do an intra-articular injection. Hyaluronic acid in itself isn't that powerful but I am going to invest some money every year in restoring joints. So far knees and back never have issues but shoulders have never been good enough for a whole year to let me train 100%. And hopefully this glute injury will go away once and for all.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:35 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Walked away from a pub fight today, wouuld be older touugh guy giving me the stink eye.

Reminded him that after 230 years of history in this country and ancestors who got free land hes working a manual labor job and drinking four X

Confused the shit out of him and left.

Feels good

I wish I worked manual labor. Best job I ever had was moving furniture.
Now, thank the white man for electricity, plumbing, medicine Pajeet.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests