Low tolerance makes me over think shit way too much so I only enjoy a smoke now when im drunk and not giving a fuck
Otherwise I start over thinking and doing stupidd shit like seeing old quarrels and grudges from the other party's point of view and want to forgive them and reach out to them and tell them that I understand
FUCK THAT SHIT
Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?
Anastasios wrote:Last nights workout
Starfish +4kg 3x14
Pullups 3x12
Seated EZbar tri extensions 50kg x 12 + 2 forced + 2 negative
concentration curls 13.5kg x 22 RP 11 RP 5 or 6
Throwing what? 15's on the EZbar for 12+ is strong, im prrobably a month away from trying 6 repss at that weight
My gym has one ez bar and only one barbell with a center knurling the cunts, why have 6 squat racks and only one bar you can seriously squat with???!!!
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
Vutulaki wrote:Anastasios wrote:Last nights workout
Starfish +4kg 3x14
Pullups 3x12
Seated EZbar tri extensions 50kg x 12 + 2 forced + 2 negative
concentration curls 13.5kg x 22 RP 11 RP 5 or 6
Throwing what? 15's on the EZbar for 12+ is strong, im prrobably a month away from trying 6 repss at that weight
My gym has one ez bar and only one barbell with a center knurling the cunts, why have 6 squat racks and only one bar you can seriously squat with???!!!
The EZbar is 10kg and I put 20kg on each side, 50kg total. I can get more but I haven't done this in ages, probably 10+ years, have only done lying tri ext with football bar a year ago, since then just dips and cables, so short term strength gains will be easy for this exercise in the coming weeks.
Center knurling isn't enough. You should try squatting in a texas squat bar. Stiff as hell and longer than normal knurling, thicker bar of 32mm. You immediately feel much more secure squatting with that on your bar than cheap $100 chinese bars in commercial gyms. This is literally the reason I went looking for a new gym in 2019. I was at this serious bbing gym and did box squats. I had some weight on my back about 200kg which I did for singles or doubles just to practice speed and technique. I get the bar up at a good velocity and the fucker does a whip, and the cheap bearings did this click and the weight balance just went off. I had to immediately parry and doing so pulled a muscle in my back, out of the gym for a week again lol. Not the first time. So I said fuck this I am going somewhere to train where you can actually train, not make yourself feel tired sitting on a machine. So I found my current gym out of pure luck, some forum post mentioned it for strongman guys and when looking up the website I couldn't believe I missed this for so many years.
An interesting fact is in that previous bbing gym, I deadlifted 250 for 5 reps. In the current gym, with calibrated steel plates and just 2-3 weeks apart, I got 250kg for a single, and I shit you not I knew that was the heaviest weight I have ever held. Even my wrists felt it. And, on top of that, in the gym I went before that bbing gym, I could do an additional 2 reps more than whatever I did in the bbing gym on deadlifts.
My gym has a kabuki squat bar, a texas squat bar, a rogue deadlift bar, a leoko deadlift bar, a texas power bar, an eleiko bar, 4 leoko normal bars, a football bar, a swiss bar, two hex bars, three SSB bars, a bamboo bar, a weightlifting bar with fast rolling bearings, two EZ bars, three stock presses and an additional gargantuan stock press made out of a real tree log, weighs 102kg if I remember right. This is how a gym should be. Gym should never impose limits on what you can do. If it does then just buy your own plates, bars, racks, benches, and adjustable dumbbells, they will last a lifetime anyway.
Yesterday did a bench session and properly failed it. Couldnt get 2 reps at 255. At first I tried pause reps and no dice, then I tried touch and go but still couldnt get it, though it may have been because I was burnt out from trying the pause reps. So to compensate I did an extra set of 1 at the weight. Then for the sets of 5 it was time to increase the weight. I got the first 2 sets but failed by 1 rep on the 3rd.
Potentially caused by me waiting like 7.5 days between bench sessions though I didnt think it would be an issue. Could possibly be that I did the session in the morning instead of at night, though the few times Ive done morning before its been fine. Oh well. Instead of strong irritation in my left bicep I now have mild irritation in both, which I suppose is a better alternative. One more session in this program before I test my 1rm and switch to program A.
Potentially caused by me waiting like 7.5 days between bench sessions though I didnt think it would be an issue. Could possibly be that I did the session in the morning instead of at night, though the few times Ive done morning before its been fine. Oh well. Instead of strong irritation in my left bicep I now have mild irritation in both, which I suppose is a better alternative. One more session in this program before I test my 1rm and switch to program A.

Last night I did a squat session that went really well. Going into it I was hyped and feeling good, then just as I was starting had to deal with some drama and it wrecked my mood. Despite that, I put in the work and the session went well. I tried a technique where I took an extra deep breath and it really helps the core stability. I remember when I was first getting into squats I would hear people talk about how big breathing and core pressure was and found it a bit odd, like they were perhaps overfocused on it. But I get it now, the difference really is that big. You can feel the stability, and it gives you mental confidence and everything feels easy.
My legs feel pretty cooked today, but during the session I could really feel it in my lower back. The muscles were sore and pumped up with blood, something I dont usually feel in my back. I kept my technique pretty tight so it wasnt because I was fucking up, I think just as the weights get higher the baseline lower back strength we have from lifting furniture n shit is no longer sufficient.
I tried to get myself up to 2700 calories but I couldnt do it. I got to 2550 and I was super full and super tired. I could have just ate a chocolate bar a few feet away from me and I couldnt even do it. Oh well, Ill try to eat a bit more today.
My legs feel pretty cooked today, but during the session I could really feel it in my lower back. The muscles were sore and pumped up with blood, something I dont usually feel in my back. I kept my technique pretty tight so it wasnt because I was fucking up, I think just as the weights get higher the baseline lower back strength we have from lifting furniture n shit is no longer sufficient.
I tried to get myself up to 2700 calories but I couldnt do it. I got to 2550 and I was super full and super tired. I could have just ate a chocolate bar a few feet away from me and I couldnt even do it. Oh well, Ill try to eat a bit more today.

So last night I had the workout from hell. It was my last session of the Hepburn bench program I've been doing, I was determined to get at least some sets of 2 reps at 255, so my gameplan was start with one touch and go rep as a set, then next set 2 touch n go reps. It goes well, so then I do 1 paused rep, and the next set I get another 2 quick reps. This is where a normal person would be happy about this, but instead I didnt like that my first set was unpaused and also wanted to match the extra set I did last time, so I tried for one more set of a paused rep. I failed it, and here is where most would accept this and move on, but instead I tried it again and failed again. At this point my nervous system was pretty fried. Even with long breaks I would feel tired going into sets. My left bicep tendon also was feeling not bad until this point after which it became very irritated.
So going into the sets of 5 I was not in the best of shape. Last time I got sets of 5,5, and 4 just barely missing the last rep. I was hoping to at least match this. I ended up getting 2 sets of 4, after which my bicep was in legitimate pain, a strange feeling that feels both cold and burning at the same time. I wanted to stop at this point, but its the last day of the program so I didnt let myself. I then worked through the remaining volume and drop sets 2-3 reps at a time with each set being fairly painful. Not counting the breaks I took for food it was 4-5 hours of pain. I think this really demonstrates the shortcoming of the program, and that is that if you totally wreck yourself on the heavy sets you still have a ton of volume to slog through. I really doubt it would have been an issue if I could have increased the weight by less than 15 lbs, but that was all I could do so at least for me and my set up this program is a bad fit. Glad to finally be done it.
Next session I test my 1rm, but Im not sure how long to wait because I have my doubts that I will be fully healed soon, even after a week. Not really sure what to do.
So going into the sets of 5 I was not in the best of shape. Last time I got sets of 5,5, and 4 just barely missing the last rep. I was hoping to at least match this. I ended up getting 2 sets of 4, after which my bicep was in legitimate pain, a strange feeling that feels both cold and burning at the same time. I wanted to stop at this point, but its the last day of the program so I didnt let myself. I then worked through the remaining volume and drop sets 2-3 reps at a time with each set being fairly painful. Not counting the breaks I took for food it was 4-5 hours of pain. I think this really demonstrates the shortcoming of the program, and that is that if you totally wreck yourself on the heavy sets you still have a ton of volume to slog through. I really doubt it would have been an issue if I could have increased the weight by less than 15 lbs, but that was all I could do so at least for me and my set up this program is a bad fit. Glad to finally be done it.
Next session I test my 1rm, but Im not sure how long to wait because I have my doubts that I will be fully healed soon, even after a week. Not really sure what to do.

Try 8x3 instead of 5x5
I've been doing 8x3-15×3 since September and gained muscle while losing fat. Already strong enough.
Switched Leg Press for Bulgarian Split Squats today.
Felt ridiculous doing 180 kg Leg Press. 20 kg split squats kicked my ass. Felt like I hit something approximating proper balance on the third set.
Overall I reckon I need to lose the ego about lifting heavy and do proper form instead. Like Bruce Lee.
Felt ridiculous doing 180 kg Leg Press. 20 kg split squats kicked my ass. Felt like I hit something approximating proper balance on the third set.
Overall I reckon I need to lose the ego about lifting heavy and do proper form instead. Like Bruce Lee.
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
28 dec
side kick red band 3x30
kettlebell split squat 32kgx20, 43x20
leg press calf raise 100x36 RP 18 RP 16
31 dec
starfish lying +4kg 3x16
barbell bench press 140kg x 7
barbell row 100kg 3x10
3 jan
side kick red band 3x32
deadlifts 160kg x 11
Left glute feels great, accidently did 11 reps wanted 10 but the motionsensor recorded 11. No sting or tightness. Left shoulder has improved a bit but I have a feeling I might need to inject something there, if the PRP+hyalur worked so well on the left glute, it should easily build cartilage. I think the culprit for my left shoulder is work. I open and close the oven with my left hand a couple hundred times per year, and work over 360 days per year. I feel the sting and stiffness right there when I lift my arm up and rotate externally and hurts to the touch on the middle delt tendon/bone area. However since I do external rotations inbetween glute medius rehab I can bench without any pain at all, but can't press overhead.
side kick red band 3x30
kettlebell split squat 32kgx20, 43x20
leg press calf raise 100x36 RP 18 RP 16
31 dec
starfish lying +4kg 3x16
barbell bench press 140kg x 7
barbell row 100kg 3x10
3 jan
side kick red band 3x32
deadlifts 160kg x 11
Left glute feels great, accidently did 11 reps wanted 10 but the motionsensor recorded 11. No sting or tightness. Left shoulder has improved a bit but I have a feeling I might need to inject something there, if the PRP+hyalur worked so well on the left glute, it should easily build cartilage. I think the culprit for my left shoulder is work. I open and close the oven with my left hand a couple hundred times per year, and work over 360 days per year. I feel the sting and stiffness right there when I lift my arm up and rotate externally and hurts to the touch on the middle delt tendon/bone area. However since I do external rotations inbetween glute medius rehab I can bench without any pain at all, but can't press overhead.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests