Postby Luigi » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:52 am
I had a good squat session two days ago. One the bright side I never really felt like I was going to fail any of the sets, but I felt like not enough of my reps were going extra deep, the workout took a long time, and my tendons were sore after. Thankfully they felt fine the next day. My hamstrings are still sore though(another point for the bright side).
I had an idea today to give my pressing muscles a light stimulus which would theoretically help retain strength until my next session. So I picked a weight which is 59% of my 1rm and did 3 sets of 5. I did a half assed warm up and this was a mistake because my left delt got tweaked pretty much instantly. The low weight and low volume also didnt stop my bicep tendons from feeling discomfort and tenderness. Moral of the story - always warm up your shoulders properly, and even low weights will irritate inflamed tendons.