Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Professor Diet Butcher
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am
Reputation: 2207

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Professor Diet Butcher » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:27 pm

Anastasios wrote:Easy to answer this one. Train with the style I showed you 16 years ago. You only need one exercise per movement. You have a horizontal press, pull, vertical press, pull, then squat and deadlift. That's bench, rows, military press, pullups. You only need to do one exercise of each movement. When you stagnate week after week doing an exercise, change to a variation of it slightly lower than last best and continue with progressive overload over the coming weeks. After that you only need a handful of extra exercises like curls, extensions, laterals and seated/standing calf raises, and then maybe some single leg or even single arm exercises to be more symmetric and have better transversal stability and strength. Check next post regarding volume.


That's pretty much what I'm doing now. Except I alternate deadlifts and squats on different days.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:17 pm

Last night's training

Starfish 0kg x 18, 4kg x 18, 6kg x 18
Wide grip Pullups 3x12
Dead tired and wounds on hands from paper cuts, got too late, went home after pullups. Too freaking cold too, my joints hurt.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:52 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Easy to answer this one. Train with the style I showed you 16 years ago. You only need one exercise per movement. You have a horizontal press, pull, vertical press, pull, then squat and deadlift. That's bench, rows, military press, pullups. You only need to do one exercise of each movement. When you stagnate week after week doing an exercise, change to a variation of it slightly lower than last best and continue with progressive overload over the coming weeks. After that you only need a handful of extra exercises like curls, extensions, laterals and seated/standing calf raises, and then maybe some single leg or even single arm exercises to be more symmetric and have better transversal stability and strength. Check next post regarding volume.


That's pretty much what I'm doing now. Except I alternate deadlifts and squats on different days.

Same here I alternate deadlifts and squat every other week.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:55 am

Went heavy on squats last night. It was basically the first time squatting heavy since being sick. Much to my surprise I nailed it with no issues. I then inhaled a pizza and went to bed. The problem was I then didnt sleep well and today at work I was totally rekt. I had like 3 meetings and in the time I had between them I got very little done. After work I passed out hard. Its worth it though. If I get derailed at work I can correct that with a weekend of overtime, if you get derailed from fitness its much harder to rebuild yourself.
Image

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:21 am

People will pay to hear that the easier way is better evven when it comes to shit like strength or combat training. Worse still Politics...



Thanks for the post on volume

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:20 pm

Vutulaki wrote:People will pay to hear that the easier way is better evven when it comes to shit like strength or combat training. Worse still Politics...



Thanks for the post on volume

I like this guy. I think my favorite quote of him is how disgusting the world tolerance is. Why should you be forced to tolerate idiots? Might as well just say go fuck yourself, I am not tolerating your shit, than pretending you do and hate them behind their back.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:18 pm


User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:21 pm

haha Jesus says love your enemies, but first you have to create enemies.

hhahahahaha

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:01 pm

Thursday nights training

side kick red band 3x36
single leg kettlebell deadlift 43kg 3x16

glute medius is sore as fuck, rolling it on a lacrosse ball every day as well as some massage gun.

Last nights training

starfish 0kg x 18, 4kg x 18, 6kg x 18
bench press 140x5

sore all over, fatigue, testosterone levels feel low - haven't pinned any in a while since I wanted it to go low, get my SHBG up with metformin too and increase androgen receptor sensitivity and density.

ordered some BPC157 and TB500 from a new source, hoping this will help the shoulder and even glute medius

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:02 am

Forced myself to take two rest days in a row, I think the whole playing it by ear and resting when my body told me to was leading to me not recovering enough squat and deadlift day always ended up feeling like I was getting ebola even after I went back to doing them on different days and no less than two days apart

Im done with foam rolling, contrast showers and even massages. Only food and sleep seems to actually have any lasting effects or affects


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests