Vutulaki wrote:Lets discuss volume, number of movements per body part or in assistance to main lift and frequency
For me Im thinking volume should bee governed by fatigue and junk reps avoided so sets of 5-12, 1-2 movements per body part or in assistance and frequency anywhere between 1 - 3 sessions per week for the masters lifter
Thoughts
I just do one exercise per movement angle. Vertical press, horizontal press, vertical pull, horizontal pull, squat, deadlift. Then I do some extra exercises for whatever muscle group remains that needs proper training for itself. I am not a bodybuilder but started as one. I liked lifting more than being a bodybuilder, and did martial arts so saw the need for strength. I quickly found HIT training style to give me best results and I do this for strength training too.
The more difficult the lift, the less sets I do. Deadlifts for example are impossible to do multiple sets to failure and managing a good microcycle (weekly training split) and not burning out real quick. Volume depends a lot on intensity.
I don't know about masters lifters training but the stronger and more experienced I got, the better I became at squeezing out more work and fatiguing muscles in a single set, which means less sets needed.
Right now I work the shop every day, it's over 80 hours a week, which effects how much I can train. I train every other day and every microcycle is then 8 days (4 day split). I think without working I could do a microcycle in 6 days.

